I am often asked, “How can I be confident that I’m connecting with my audience?” The answer is, “Make an emotional connection.” Whether you speak at a boardroom table or in a vast auditorium, your goal must be to connect emotionally with your audience. Emotional connection is key to ensuring your message is heard. Here is my best advice on how to connect emotionally with any audience. Enjoy!
Have you signed up for a trial of Fripp Virtual Training? FrippVT is an easy, convenient, cost-effective way to become a powerful, persuasive presenter. Sign up for your free FrippVT trial.
If you want to become a great speaker easily, conveniently, and quickly, FrippVT can help. Enjoy three free chapters on Stories, Openings, and Sales: http://frippvt.com
“I wanted a super bowl-quality coach, and I was lucky to be introduced to Patricia Fripp. Her help in coaching and scripting was world class. With Patricia Fripp on your team, you can go places.”
– Don Yaeger, Long-Time Associate Editor for Sports Illustrated magazine, Award-Winning Keynote Speaker, New York Times Best-Selling Author
How to Connect with Your Audience Emotionally
I share a few more of the many complimentary resources on Fripp.com to help you improve your presentation and public speaking:
- Build Emotional Connection Through Eye Contact
- Why Is Eye Contact Important? How Long? When?
- Public Speaking – Use Storytelling to Be Powerful & Persuasive
- Do You Alienate Your Audience? Make a “You” Turn
- How to Use You-Focused Language to Connect with Clients and Prospects
- Three Ways to Emotionally Connect with Your Audience
- The Importance of a Good Story (FrippVT Video)
- Pixar’s 22 Rules of Storytelling
- Do You Tell Your Own Stories? Why and How to Create Original Stories
- Your Presentation – Remember the Three S’s of Dynamic Stories
Executive Speech Coach and Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker Patricia Fripp works with individuals and companies who realize that powerful, persuasive presentation skills give them a competitive edge.