Do You Want to Give a Good Speech?
If you realize the importance of business presentations you do!
These great tips for great speeches is brought to you from by Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
A Good Speech is when the speaker can:
1. Effectively structure your presentation for each audience.
2. Open and close with impact.
3. Tell stories that are compelling.
4. Emotionally and intellectually connect to your audience.
5. Speak to be remembered and repeated.
6. Be powerfully persuasive and incredibly pithy.
7. Deliver your message with ease and comfort.
This comes from a good structure, tight scripting and rehearsal.
Our goal is to sound conversational, however tighter, more edited and specific conversation.
Watch the “Who cares?” factor by thinking of every statement or segment of material and imagine the audience is thinking “So what? Who cares? What is in it for me?” Many of them actually are!
Is what you saying of value to this audience at this time? If not leave it out.
Do you find this advice helpful? If you would like to attend a Patricia Fripp speaking school or event check out times and dates. Next speech coaching camp is in Las Vegas, November 30, December 1-2, 2012